wading ever deeper

trusting Jesus to show me the way as i navigate the waters of being a loving wife, mama, & caregiver.







Friday, October 17, 2008

Just one of Those days

It's just been one of THOSE days - and at first I didn't know why, but by the end I had it figured out. Things started out nicely - Ritchie got up before me, so I got to sleep in until about 9, which is such luxury for a mom. Eli was very sweet this morning. I had an appointment at the chiropractor, which always makes me feel better. I was just in a funk. I was sleepy, and Grandma was being a little more negative than ususal. But, I went to bed in such a good place last night (emotionally) - after going on a date with Ritchie and seeing the movie, "Fireproof", as well as finding out that an old friend is pregnant after 9 years of trying - I was feeling so grateful for so many things - . . . I couldn't help but wonder if it wasn't just an attack on my spirit - the devil didn't like my heart feeling so full of the Spirit. After all, there is something to the "if mama ain't happy . . ." saying - picking on me is a great way to attack the whole family. So, I felt under attack all day. Eli's chatter, which I usually find precious, was getting on my nerves. And then it went beyond that - he was far more defiant than usual - enough to make Ritchie and I both wonder if he was getting sick. There were a few moments when I thought I was going to snap because I was so tense. But then, Eli and Grandma were tucked in for the night, and I was able to spend a couple of hours with Ritchie. We were working on photography stuff, but that rarely feels too much like work. I just enjoy sitting next to him. It calms me. It probably helped that the room was dark and the house was quiet, but it mostly just had to do with spending time with him. I feel peaceful now, and able to look forward to tomorrow, which is full of festivities. Thank you, God, for creating this man to be my husband. He nurtures my soul with his presence. Thank you, too, for providing the strength to not let the enemy get the best of me today. He got close, but I don't think he ever won.

No comments: