wading ever deeper

trusting Jesus to show me the way as i navigate the waters of being a loving wife, mama, & caregiver.







Monday, July 13, 2009

time

i am so not surprised that i abandoned my blog for months and months. i have always journaled in such a sporadic manner. it did me a lot of good to read my last post about honor. i wish i could say that i've been living that lesson, but unfortunately, i don't feel i have. my relationship with and care of grandma are among the many things on my list of duties that i feel are lacking these days. there is so much i want and need to do, and so much that i want to do so much better than i am currently managing. pretty much everything, actually. i'm not trying to be down on myself, i'm just trying to figure out how to manage everything on my plate, and feel like i'm getting it all done at least halfway well. i am searching. i've been reading a couple of books, and have found a quite inspirational blog that i've been following. i think perhaps that a large part of this overwhelming feeling of lack of accomplishment is adjusting to our newest family member. aaron james was born on february 17! he will be 5 months old this weekend. the time flies by even faster the second time around. he is a happy, sweet baby, who love, love, loves to be held. since he has joined us, we decided that my nursing career is on hold for now. ritchie is being enormously patient with me as i try to juggle responsibilities. the plan is for me to assist him by helping him edit images. the problem is trying to fit that in between my other jobs (eli and aaron!) i am on a quest to get aaron sleep schedule more solidified (ok, he has no daytime schedule. i am so thankful that he is pretty consistent at night!). once that happens, i am confident i'll be a higher functioning human again!

1 comment:

Eli said...

I think you are doing an amazing job, sweetheart! Please don't be down on yourself. We love you more than you can imagine. You are already investing all of your time into what matters which is what counts.